Entry deadline: February 25, 2015. Open to any 2D artist in Texas – you must be able to have your artwork delivered no later than Tuesday, March 2nd, 2015 to be eligible.
Artists may enter up to four works of two-dimensional art: dry or wet mediums. No 3D works will be accepted for this exhibition. All artwork must be submitted online, by compact disc, or usb flash drive. The final 30 selections must be delivered to the gallery and displayed for the entire exhibition period. The final 30 selections may be shipped to Affaire d’Art. Artists who ship works are responsible for shipping cost and must make arrangements with Affaire d’Art to pay return shipping costs. Affaire d’Art is not responsible for damages to art work made during the delivery, exhibition or pick up of work.
Three steps to enter.
1 Complete the SUBMISSION FORM at the bottom of this page.
2 Upload your image file(s) using the submission form.
3 Within 24 hours of submission, come back to this webpage and pay via PayPal by clicking one of the buttons below or phone 409-789-0079 to pay by credit card.
|One piece||Two pieces||Three pieces||Four pieces|
1. Have been created in the last 2 years.
2. Be original work of the artist, who physically integrates/manipulates every component of the original concept and design.
3. Be installation ready, with mat, finished edges, cabled /wired frame (NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS OR HOOKS), glass or plexiglass, and hanging device in place where appropriate.
4. Not to exceed 33 inches in any direction and all work must be able to be carried and/or hung easily by two people.
5. All work submitted must be for sale. If accepted as one of the top 24 pieces to hang in Affaire d’Art there is a 30% commission on all artwork sold.
6. Adhere to the above criteria and the published dates and times. Works that do not meet these criteria will not be hung, even if inadvertently accepted into the show. If unable to make a scheduled pick up time, artists must arrange for someone to get the work and inform the gallery, or works become property of Affaire d’Art. Open to any 2D artist in Texas 18 or older.
Entry format is online only. All images must be digital format. Please follow the instructions carefully regarding the preparation of your images.
1. Only jpg image files will be accepted.
2. Required image size is 1920 pixels on the longest side with a suggestion of 72dpi resolution.
3. Image files must be named as follows: Lastname_FirstInitial_Titleofartwork.jpg
How to Apply
Each artist may submit up to 4 artworks for review. Only 1 image per piece of artwork is allowed.
Entry Fee is $20 per piece for the first two pieces of art and $10 per piece for the third and fourth submission.
Total for 1 submission=$20, total for 2 submissions=$40, total for 3 submissions=$50, total for 4 submissions=$60
To apply, please complete the form below or download the application and email it along with your image(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please pay via PayPal at the time of submission by clicking the button above or call Wednesday-Sunday 12-6 to pay by credit card. All payments must be received within 24 hours of artwork submission.
February 25th – Submission Deadline.
February 27th – Email notification of the top 30 submissions to be displayed at the gallery.
February 27th, 28th, March 1st, 2nd or 3rd (12-7pm) -Artist drop off artwork from 12 to 6pm.
March 6th-April 12th – Work to be displayed at Affaire d’Art-Fine Art Gallery.
March 6th , 6 to 9pm – Artist Reception. First, Second, and Third and two Honorable Mentions announced.
April 15th, 16th and 17th – Artist will pick up any unsold artwork.
Prizes will be awarded by the Judge of Awards, Michael Golden, March 6th during the artist reception. First, Second, Third, and Honorable Mention winners will receive ribbons and Affaire d’Art website recognition. In addition, monetary awards will be given to First, Second, and Third place.
First Place – $300 with an optional 2 month contract with the gallery beginning April 15th.
Second Place – $150
Third Place – $75
Honorable Mention – Ribbon
Honorable Mention – Ribbon