Prospectus – #galveston (A Show Celebrating the Island)– Juried Competition
Affaire d’Art is seeking Galveston art for our upcoming Juried Art Competition! This competition encompasses anything and everything that you impart to our beloved island!
Eligibility: Open to any 2D texas artist– you must be able to have your artwork delivered no later than May 15th ,2017 to be eligible.
Artists may enter up to four works of two-dimensional art: dry or wet mediums. All artwork submissions must be submitted via email to email@example.com no later than May 8th, 2017. The final 70 selections must be delivered to the gallery by May 15th, 2017 and displayed for the entire exhibition period.
- Have been created in the last 3 years.
- Be original work of the artist, who physically integrates/manipulates every component of the original concept and design.
- Be installation ready, with mat, finished edges, cabled /wired frame (NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS OR HOOKS), glass or plexiglass, and hanging device in place where appropriate.
- Not to exceed 32 inches in any direction and all work must be able to be carried and/or hung easily by two people.
- All work submitted must be for sale. If accepted as one of the top 70 pieces to hang at Affaire d’Art there is a 25% commission on all artwork sold.
- Adhere to the above criteria and the published dates and times. Works that do not meet these criteria will not be hung, even if inadvertently accepted into the show. If unable to make a scheduled pick up time, artists must arrange for someone to pick up the work and inform the gallery, or works become property of Affaire d’Art. Open to any 2D artist.
All entries must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All images must be digital format. Please follow the instructions carefully regarding the preparation of your images. If you are unsure of how to format your images, please contact Affaire d’Art for assistance.
- Only jpeg image files will be accepted.
- Image files must be named as follows: Lastname_FirstInitial_Titleofartwork.jpeg
- Please include your name, phone number, title of work, price, year created, size, and medium in the body of email.
How to Apply:
Each artist may submit 4 artworks for review. Only 1 image per piece of artwork is allowed.
Application Fee is $5.00. This fee is non refundable.
If accepted into the show, the artist will pay $10.00 per artwork accepted.
To apply, please email your submissions to email@example.com. Please include your name, phone number, title of work, price, year created, size, and medium in the body of email.
Please pay via PayPal at the time of submission to Affairedart@yahoo.com. All payments must be received within 24 hours of artwork submission.
May 8th – Submission Deadline.
May 12th – Email notification of the top 70 submissions to be displayed at the gallery.
May 13th, 14th, and 15th -Artist drop off artwork from 12 to 6pm.
May 19th-June 9th– Work to be displayed at Affaire d’Art-Fine Art Gallery.
May 20th, 6 to 10pm – Artist Reception/Opening Reception. First, Second, and Third and Honorable Mention announced.
June 3rd – ArtWalk 5-10pm.
June 10th, 11th, and 12th – Artist will pick up any unsold artwork 12 – 6pm or by appointment.
Prizes will be awarded by Judge Mitchell Cohen, on May 20th during the artist reception. First, Second, Third, and Honorable Mention winners will receive ribbons and monetary prizes.
First Place – $200 and an optional 1 month gallery contract.
Second Place – $150
Third Place – $75
To apply, please submit a jpeg image of each entry to Affairedart@yahoo.com
Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accepted art is to be dropped off to Affaire d’Art, 2227 Post Office St, Ste B, Galveston, TX 77550
Please pay via PayPal at the time of submission to Affairedart@yahoo.com.